Community Search
Sign In

  Are you looking for a Fluency
  Specialist?  Find one in your
  area today!

  Start Your Search

   Read the Newsletter


Who are Board Certified Specialists in Fluency?

Board Certified Specialists in Fluency are individuals who hold their Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and have demonstrated a high level of knowledge and clinical expertise in diagnosing and treating individuals with fluency disorders. They are designated as BCS-F. Standards for Certification, approved by the Council For Clinical Certification of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, must be met in order to apply for Specialty Certification in Fluency. In order to become a clinical specialist, a candidate’s knowledge and clinical abilities are reviewed and approved by the American Board of Fluency and Fluency Disorders.

How can Board Certified Specialists in Fluency help?

Board Certified Specialists in Fluency are clinical specialists who work in a variety of settings, including private practice, schools, and universities. They provide evaluations and treatment for individuals with fluency disorders, such as stuttering, cluttering, or overall disruption in the smooth flow of speech. They may provide in-person or web-based services. Additional areas of service may include consultation services, seminars, and training opportunities for individual, small, or large groups of speech-language pathologists. Speech-language pathologists who are Board Certified Specialists in Fluency may be found on this website by searching name, city(location) or zip code.